Welcome to VoteBuncombe.org - your local, nonpartisan voter education resource for Buncombe County, North Carolina.
In order to vote in the 2016 General Election, you must be registered by October 14, 2016!
Get prepared to vote in 2016!
- Register to vote by deadline (see important dates below), and make sure your address is current
- Not sure if you're registered to vote, or which districts you live in, or where your polling location is? Click here to visit the NC State Board of Elections website to find out
- Visit our Voter 411 page.
Trouble at the polls? Call the Election Protection Hotline: 1-888-OUR-VOTE
En Español: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA
Important dates for the 2016 General Election:
- October 14 - Deadline to register to vote in the 2016 General Election.
- October 27 - Early voting for General Election begins.
- November 6 - Early voting ends
- November 8 - Election Day - you must vote in your precinct polling location. Polls open from 6:30 am - 7:30 pm
What about Voter ID? On July 29, 2016, a federal appeals court struck down North Carolina’s restrictive omnibus voting law in a sweeping victory for voting rights, holding that it was “passed with racially discriminatory intent.” Even if this decision is appealed by North Carolina, it is unlikely that the photo ID requirement would be part of the 2016 General Election. We will update information on this site as when final information is available for the 2016 General Election on photo ID, early voting, and same-day registration. Click here to read a summary from our partners at Democracy NC.
For more information about the upcoming elections, check your voter registration status, call the Buncombe County Board of Elections at 828-250-4200 or visit buncombecounty.org/vote and check out the online app at voter.buncombecounty.org.