Welcome to VoteBuncombe.org - your local, nonpartisan voter education resource for Buncombe County, North Carolina.
Get prepared to vote in 2016!
- Register to vote by deadline (see important dates below), and make sure your address is current
- Not sure if you're registered to vote, or which districts you live in, or where your polling location is? Click here to visit the NC State Board of Elections website to find out
- Learn where the candidates stand on important issues - read the Voter Guide
- Visit our Voter 411 page.
Trouble at the polls? Call the Election Protection Hotline: 1-888-OUR-VOTE
En Español: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA
Important dates for the 2016 General Election:
- October 14 - Deadline to register to vote in the 2016 General Election.
- October 20 - Early voting for General Election begins.
- November 5 - Early voting ends
- November 8 - Election Day - you must vote in your precinct polling location. Polls open from 6:30 am - 7:30 pm
What about Voter ID? On July 29, 2016, a federal appeals court struck down North Carolina’s restrictive omnibus voting law in a sweeping victory for voting rights, holding that it was “passed with racially discriminatory intent.” No photo ID is required to vote in the 2016 General Election. Click here to read a summary from our partners at Democracy NC.
For more information about the upcoming elections, check your voter registration status, call the Buncombe County Board of Elections at 828-250-4200 or visit buncombecounty.org/vote and check out the online app at voter.buncombecounty.org.